Saturday, May 25, 2013

Drummer of the week....Brian Steele Medina of Gemini Syndrome

This week's drummer is Brian Medina of the band GEMINI SYNDROME.
Brought together by vocalist Aaron Nordstrom (former guitarist for OTEP), guitarists Rich Juzwick and Mike Salerno, bassist Alessandro Paveri, and drummer Brian Steele Medina (former TOIZ w/ Ivan Moody of Five Finger Death Punch), this band is on tour with In This Moment, and Nonpoint.
I had the opportunity to see the band live in Madison, WI and I wasn't sure about them, since I have only heard one song. However, when they opened their set I was surprised. Brian is the only drummer since Shannon Larkin of Godsmack that actually entertained me throughout the entire show.
Throughout the show he had this charisma and excitement about him that kept me intrigued. The energy he has behind the kit is refreshing among some of the less exciting drummers I've seen lately.
He is not only a gifted musician, but he is also has a great showmanship quality behind the kit.
Very fun to watch and definitely worth checking out live!!
 It was a great show and I look forward to seeing them again. 


No comments: