Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Brad Park-- Big Wreck...Albaross

Another update: Christopher Henry was the drummer on the record. Brad toured live for a time and definitely added some kick to the live show.

It has been brought to my attention that Brad Park is no longer with the band. As of right now I do not know who is on the drums for the remainder of the tour. If anyone has that info please pass it along.

The latest album from Big Wreck, "Albatross", is long overdue for fans. Their first c.d. since "The pleasure and the greed" from 2001. I was extremely excited to hear that they had a new album out and as soon as I got my hands it I realized they had a new drummer. Brad Park has taken over the reigns and seems to fit in just fine and adds a breath of fresh air to the new disc. I certainly enjoy the sound of his Pearl kit on the album. I can't say that anything strikes me as different, however, the sound fits perfectly with the Big Wreck classic, but not outdated, style. Big guitar sound and just the right amount of drums. Different than ex-drummer Forrest Williams' drum sound, which was really open, and airy, that had a great "live" sound to it, Brad's sound is more updated and refined and rounds out the new album perfectly. Big Wreck has somewhat polished it's sound on this disc to a cleaner version of it's predecessors, without totally losing that signature sound.
Some key tracks that I enjoyed are:  "Rest of the world", "Wolves", and title track "Albatross", which are classic BW style.
Songs like "Glass room", "Control", and "Time" are what this new c.d. offers, a newer style and somewhat updated sound. All in all it's a great album. I think new fans and old will enjoy this one and hopefully we won't have to wait 10 yrs. for the next one!



2 comments:

BUK said...

Christopher Henry was the drummer on the record. Brad toured live for a time and definitely added some kick to the live show.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the heads up!! I looked everywhere and couldn't find any more info. For all I knew Brad played no the record.